Thursday, January 6, 2011

Perspective of 2011.

The new year started as usual, with me feeling like what my friend vivek would say "a dazed fuck monkey". As ritualistic as alcohol may seem at a new year's eve party, this was a confluence of creatively like minded people bonding over some much needed intoxicated insanity. Yes, the ingredients of the brew were stereo -typical, but such a revelation filled night of experiences shared and incidents brought to light, left me reeling with one single question in my head- "how can such a night turn into a sour year"? Then again, that was before our hammered geniuses decided to whip up a hell ride cocktail. After many games and swigs and lost alcohol counts, the lot of us monkeys that were still sober found their way to the beds. The rest of us, weren't so lucky. Sprawled on the floor in what seemed like a tryst with Pluto, i got my first indication of how exactly things would be so disastrously similar to 2010. My liver having a mind of its own, pumped bile all the way into my throat thereby causing a cataclysmic chemical reaction in my stomach, leading to a horrendous spillage of all the "guts" i ever had. Dazed, i looked around ... Ah, the serenity of absolute drunken-ness.

The next morning, things were back to normal, the sun was at his majestic burning best, from toothpaste to idly-vada, everything tasted like whiskey, and for the life of me, i still couldn't fathom why, everyone was as chirpy as a humming-bird. Then again, merriment never always seemed strange, especially on a hung over morning. We said our good-byes and as usual, my fifteen year old scooter revved to life. In a non-chalant, numb state i almost reached home when, poof ... another god damn puncture. another perfect score for god for really pushing me over every new year. Resigned to fate, i left for home ... wondering what this year would have in roller-coasters for me. I just caught a glimpse. Crystal. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment